Remember how many of these disgusting concoctions you knocked back in college that were made with bottom shelf vodka and Walmart brand gelatin substitute? These are nothing like that vile swill, but are still just as conducive to lampshades on heads and awkward dances with strangers.
Make a huge batch and bring them along to your quiet backyard bonfire, Halloween rager, or Thanksgiving eve mangle fest.
- 1 C water
- 2 C of your favorite apple cider
- 1 ¾ C of your favorite bourbon (I used Four Roses: Small Batch)
- 2 envelopes of Knox Gelatin
- Dump the water and apple cider in a saucepan and heat over medium heat on the stove top.
- Pour Knox Gelatin into the mixture and mix until fully dissolved.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, let the liquid cool slightly for 10-15 minutes.
- Add bourbon and mix until well-incorporated.
- Let the mixture cool for an additional 5 minutes before pouring into plastic Jello shot cups.
- Place the shot cups into the fridge for at least 2 hours, until the Jello is firm and bouncy.