This isn’t your grandmom’s chicken salad recipe. Blending a mix of Indian spices with the classic elements of a delicious chicken salad takes this dish over the top.
- 2 C cooked chicken, diced
- 1 C celery, diced
- 1 C mayonnaise
- 1 C Craisins
- 1/2 C apple jam or mango chutney
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1 t fresh ground black pepper
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t cayenne powder
- 1 t paprika
- 1 t ground coriander
- 1 t garam masala
- 1 t ground turmeric
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 T olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan over low heat and add in garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, and all ground spices.
- Cook spice mixture until the spices are slightly toasted and the garlic and ginger are translucent. Remove the pan from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, Craisins, mayonnaise, and jam or chutney. Mix well.
- Once the spices have cooled, spoon into chicken mixture and stir until well-combined.
- Place the chicken salad in the fridge for at least an hour and serve on fresh bread, in a wrap, with crackers, or over a salad.