Whenever I make my spatchcock chicken recipe, there is always meat left over and the best use of that meat is in a large batch of my homemade chicken salad.
There’s nothing like two slices of toasted bread surrounding a piled-high mound of chicken salad on a hot summer day.
Pair with a lemonade and your favorite chips and devour a summer classic.
- 2 C of cooked chicken, white and dark meat
- 1 C mayonnaise
- 2 whole dill pickles, finely chopped
- 2 T sweet pickle relish
- 2 large stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 C cherry or regular Craisins
- 2 T white vinegar
- 1 T granulated sugar
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1 t black pepper
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t onion powder
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper powder
- 1 T sriracha
- 1 t yellow mustard
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined and then refrigerate until ready for use.
- Spread over a salad, on a sandwich, scoop into a pita, roll into a tortilla or just enjoy with a spoon!