It’s my 100th post and I thought a great way to celebrate the occasion as well as honor the upcoming fall season is to give a little spin on a classic dish.
If you have any over-ripe bananas hanging around and a box full of ready-to-bake corn bread mix, throw them together and make something new and delicious.
Banana cornbread is the perfect mix of savory and sweet and this simple recipe is sure to please.
- 1 (15 oz) box of your favorite cornbread mix
- 1 C ripe banana
- 1/3 C melted butter
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t ground allspice
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t ground nutmeg
- 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1/2 t honey
- 1/2 t maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet mixture slowly into the dry mixture 1/3 at a time. Mix well, but do not over mix.
- Rub butter or oil into 2 loaf pans to prevent sticking.
- Split the mixture evenly between the 2 loaf pans.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly into each loaf.
- Remove from loaf pan and let cool slightly before slicing and enjoying.